Our classes begin at age 2 and continue until children enter Kindergarten. Curriculum is developmentally based, meaning that new concepts and activities are introduced at the appropriate developmental stage. Our goal is to have each child well-prepared for entry into Kindergarten, and we regularly conduct one-on-one activities to ensure that each child is progressing appropriately. Our curriculum covers the following areas of concentration:
- Language Arts – pre-reading skills, letter recognition, letter sounds, early writing, rhyming words, story time
- Math – counting, number recognition, shapes, sequencing, sorting, matching, measuring, graphing
- Art – color recognition, crafts, painting, drawing, coloring, collage, cutting with scissors
- Science – animals/habitats, color mixing, cooking, environment, water cycle, gravity, weather, various science experiments
- Music – singing, dance, tempo/beat, musical instruments, music appreciation
- Dramatic Play – encouraging imagination, dress-up, puppet theater, role-play,
- Gross Motor – outdoor play facility, parachute play, ball play, jump rope, obstacle courses, teacher-led exercises/stretching
- Fine Motor – Lacing beads, stacking blocks, worksheet activities
We offer a full-day or half-day program for ages 2 to 5 with extended childcare hours. Daily activities are as follows:
6:00am – 8:30am . . . . . Early Morning Childcare
8:30am – 9:00am . . . . . Breakfast
9:00am – 9:30am . . . . . Circle Time
9:30am – 10:30am . . . .
10:30am – 11:00am . . .
11:00am – 11:30am . . .
11:30am – 12:00pm . . . Lunch
12:00pm – 12:30pm . . . Lunch Clean-up/Nap Preparation
12:30pm – 2:30pm . . . . Naptime
2:30pm – 3:00pm . . . . . Nap Clean-up/Afternoon Snack
3:00pm – 4:00pm . . . . . Outdoor Play
4:00pm – 4:15pm . . . . .
4:15pm – 4:30pm . . . . .
4:30pm – 6:00pm . . . . . Afternoon Childcare